Closed cell spray foam insulation is fast becoming one of the most popular types of insulation for homes of all shapes and sizes. There are plenty of reasons for its growing popularity: a high R-value, a lack of settling and more. Lewis Insulation specializes in installing closed cell spray foam insulation in Maple Grove and the surrounding areas, and here are a few things you should know about this type of insulating material.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation has one of the highest R-values on the market today. The R-value of insulation indicates how well the insulation resists heat flow. The higher the R-value, the better it is at this resistance.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation works well in difficult to reach nooks and crannies, like attics and crawl spaces since it is sprayed onto these surfaces.
- This type of insulation is not a do it yourself type job. You need to be specially trained, and you need to fully understand how to properly mix the chemicals used. It also cannot be installed by someone wearing everyday clothes. Special gear and masks are used by the installation team. And it takes a practiced hand to mix the chemicals correctly so the spray foam insulation can be properly applied.
- These chemicals will be applied in a thin layer, which later expands to form a thicker layer. This dense foam weighs about two pounds per cubic foot and is impermeable to water and moisture. This is great news for those who are worried about mold or mildew problems.
- One of the best parts about closed cell spray foam insulation is that there is not a lot of waste material once the installation job is complete.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation does not work well in every single climate, although our climate in Minnesota suits this type of insulation quite well.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation can also help reduce noise pollution, which is great news for those who live near busy roads, airports or other noisy areas.
These are only a few reasons you should consider closed cell spray foam insulation. Call us and we can tell you even more!
Are you interested in learning more about closed cell spray foam insulation in Maple Grove? Call us at Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612, or you can contact us and set up a Free Estimate.