You probably don’t give too much thought to your home’s insulation until you need it serviced in some way. Maybe you need to re-insulate your home for some reason. Or maybe you just built a new garage and need to get it insulated. We are insulation contractors in Minneapolis, so we give plenty of thought to insulation every day! Here are a few of our favorite insulation facts.
- About 50% to 70% of the energy used in the average American home is through heating and cooling.
- Having insulation contractors come out to install insulation can result in heating and cooling savings of up to 20%.
- Insulation can help save the planet by cutting our carbon footprint. Every year, it reduces the amount of carbon dioxide by 780 million tons.
- If you combine the amount of energy saved by Energy Star appliances, Energy Star windows and compact fluorescent lights, that still does not equal the amount of energy saved by insulation that has been properly installed by insulation contractors.
- At Lewis Insulation, we can install three different types of insulation: fiberglass, cellulose and closed cell spray foam. Each one has its benefits and advantages.
- The measure of resistance to heat flow through a given thickness of a material is called the R-value. So the higher the R-value, the greater the resistance.
- Insulation is also great at reducing the noise levels inside your home.
- If you own an older home, hiring our insulation contractors to install new insulation in your home could help you save a bundle on your utility bills and make it easier for you to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
When you need trustworthy and reliable insulation contractors in Minneapolis, call Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612 or you can contact us for a Free Estimate.