Have you given your attic’s insulation any thought lately? As experts in attic insulation in St Paul, this is something we think about on a daily basis. Insulation is the best way to make sure your home stays toasty warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the summer. Here are a few other tidbits to keep front of mind about attic insulation.
- If you use your attic for storage purposes only, it is not necessary to insulate the attic itself. Just make sure the attic floor is fully insulated so warm air stays where you want it the most – in the rooms of your home and not up in the attic. The same goes with cool air too.
- About 25% of heat is lost through your attic. Heat escapes out of the roof of the attic thanks to poor insulation.
- Take the time to find out when the last time you had attic insulation installed. New insulation should be put into your home every couple of years because insulation tends to compress. And that decreases its effectiveness.
- When you have new attic insulation installed, make sure your attic is still properly ventilated. If you hire professional insulation installers like us, we will make sure your attic has the right amount of ventilation so it does not lose heat.
- After you have new attic insulation installed, do not walk on it unless it is absolutely unavoidable. And do not store anything on it either, no matter how light the object may be. This will help the attic insulation work properly for as long as possible.
- If you have a finished attic that is used for living space, it should be insulated like all of the other rooms in your home.
- The proper attic insulation could help you save money on heating and cooling bills and increase the comfort level of your entire family.
- In order to figure out the correct attic insulation for your home and in order to save as much on your heating and cooling bills as possible, you should consult insulation experts like the ones here at Lewis Insulation. We offer closed cell spray foam, cellulose and fiberglass insulation.
Are you interested in learning more about attic insulation in St Paul? Call Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612 or you can contact us for a Free Estimate.