So you may already know how important attic insulation is to the comfort and energy efficiency of your home. But do you know why? And what kind is best for your unique home? As experts in attic insulation for Rogers and the surrounding areas, we’d like to provide you with some benefits to insulation in general as well as a few facts about the different insulation types we offer. We hope this post can help point you in the right direction.
- About 25% of heat is lost through your attic. Heat escapes out of the roof of the attic thanks to poor insulation.
- Proper attic insulation could help you save money on heating and cooling bills and increase the comfort level of your entire family.
- By having your attic insulation replaced, you can essentially ensure you are not letting money escape through the ceiling.
- Proper attic insulation can also allow for even temperature distribution within the home as well as provide moisture control, and contribute to a more environmentally-friendly footprint for your home.
- By having your current insulation removed and new insulation installed as soon as possible, you can ensure the sound structure of your home.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation can expand to reach hard-to-fill voids, which is great for spaces like attics, which often have smaller and more out-of-the-way spots that need to be insulated. You should see some long-term savings on your heating and cooling bills with closed cell spray foam attic insulation.
- The two other types of attic insulation we install are fiberglass and cellulose attic insulation. These types of blown-in insulation have almost the same R-value, and they are both environmentally friendly. Cellulose is made out of recycled newspaper and fiberglass is made out of sand, both of which are renewable resources. Fiberglass and cellulose attic insulation are also very energy efficient, so you should see some savings on your heating and cooling bills in the long run with these types of insulation as well.
Not sure which type of attic insulation is best for your home? Give us a call. We can advise you on which type will best suit your needs and keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Are you interested in learning more about attic insulation in Rogers? Call Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612 or contact us for a Free Estimate.