Is fiberglass insulation really made of fiberglass? How does it work? These are just a few of the most common questions we hear when it comes to fiberglass insulation. Here at Lewis Insulation, we specialize in fiberglass insulation, cellulose as well as closed-cell spray foam insulation. And, we have been serving the entire Twin Cities Metro area and improving insulation for homeowners for over 35+ years. So, as expert installers of fiberglass insulation for Minneapolis and the surrounding areas, we would like to tell you more about it. And, if you find you still have some more questions about fiberglass insulation or about any of the other insulation types we offer, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
- What is fiberglass insulation? Fiberglass insulation consists of extremely fine glass fibers, sand and is the type of insulation found in most homes. It is commonly used in two different types of insulation – blanket which is batts and rolls, and loose fill. Fiberglass can be placed in unfinished walls, floors and ceilings. It is fitted between studs, joists, and beams.
- Fiberglass as an insulator slows the spread of heat, cold, and sound in structures. The material does this by trapping pockets of air, keeping rooms warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- An often overlooked feature of fiberglass insulation is that it is eco-friendly, which is particularly important if you are worried about your carbon footprint. It is made out of sand and recycled glass, both of which are renewable resources.
- Fiberglass insulation is also non-combustible, non-absorbent and non-corrosive. It will not hold water, so you never have to worry about moisture issues as a result of this type of insulation.
- Fiberglass insulation is cost-effective but also gives you year-round comfort. You and your family will be warm and toasty in the winter and cool and comfortable in the summer thanks to fiberglass.
- The type of fiberglass insulation we install is mold and mildew resistant. So you will not have to worry that your new fiberglass insulation is retaining moisture.
- Fiberglass insulation is also budget-friendly. You still get many of the same perks as other types of insulation, but fiberglass is one of the least expensive options on the market today.
Do you want to learn more about fiberglass insulation for your Minneapolis area home? Call Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612 or you can contact us to get your Free Estimate on our fiberglass insulation services.