When it comes to cellulose insulation, the bottom line is it keeps homes cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Plus, it’s better for you and the environment. And, as the experts in cellulose insulation for Plymouth and the surrounding areas, we’d like to tell you more about why. Here are the top five things you may not have known about cellulose insulation:
- Insulation is measure by R-value per inch. R meaning resistance to heat flow and the higher the number, the more effective the insulation. When properly installed, cellulose has an R-value of 3.5-4, which is higher than average when compared with other products.
- Cellulose insulation is plant fiber, recycled paper, used in wall and roof cavities to insulate, draught proof and reduce free noise. And, since it is made of recycled plant fibers, making it environmentally friendly as well as budget friendly.
- A home insulated with cellulose will be much quieter than a glass fiber insulated home due to its effectiveness in preventing sound transmission.
- Cellulose insulation helps prevent airborne moisture movement. Minerals in the insulation resist the growth of these organisms, improving building durability and longevity.
- Cellulose is fantastic at preventing drafts and airflow. It completely fills gaps and voids around irregular objects such as wiring, plumbing and framing materials in attics and walls, compared to foam insulation. Cellulose insulation also disperses moisture and helps to protect the surrounding building components.
And, these are just some of the many benefits to choosing cellulose insulation! Cellulose is good, green insulation. It performs and has less embodied energy. It is important to hire professional installer, but it still has a high and quick return on investment. Fiberglass is good insulation too. If it weren’t, it wouldn’t have been around for so long. It comes down to personal preference about your own carbon footprint and other factors.
Not sure what kind of insulation is right for your unique home? Give us a call at Lewis Insulation so we can tell you more about cellulose insulation as well as the many other types of insulation we carry. We can help you find the right one for your building’s unique needs.
Whether you’re building a new home, completing a home remodeling project, or it’s just time for an update, we’ve got you covered. For more information about cellulose insulation for your Plymouth area home or business, call Lewis Insulation at 763-477-2612 or you can contact us for a Free Estimate.